Temporary accommodations in and around Louvain-la-NeuveThere's unfortunately no hotel or youth hostel in Louvain-la-Neuve. Here is a list of several places where you can stay until you find your Kot for the semester of the year:
- FIRST AND FOREMOST the dorms in Kot Erasmus that will be explained further down on this page
- Youth hostels in the area of Namur and Bruxelles
- Short stay accommodations in the area of Louvain-la-Neuve
- Hotels in the area of Louvain-la-Neuve
- Several housing options in the province of the Walloon Brabant
- The housing search engine HousingAnywhere
Dorms at Kot Erasmus
At the beginning of the semester
A great option for temporary accommodation is booking one of the 28 beds in our dorm rooms, available during the 2 first weeks of each semester (link currently inactive). However, as we have a limited number of beds, we do not allow a stay of more than 3 days in order to satisfy as many students as possible.
Our price is 5€/night. Furthermore, our dorms are just equipped with beds and mattresses. If you don't want to bring your own bedding, you can thus:
- Rent a UCL bed-kit (pillow + blanket + bed sheets) for a deposit of 50€ that you'll get back after returning the bed-kit at the end of your stay in our dorms.
- Buy a brand new bed-kit (pillow + blanket + bed sheets) for 55€ (depending on availability)
Moreover, you'll have the possibility, even if you do not sleep in our dorms, to eat a delicious dinner cooked with love by the Kot Erasmus team each evening of the first welcome week (for a price between 3€ and 4€). Each dinner will be followed by a party open to all the exchange students of Louvain-la-Neuve to help everyone get to know each other.
During the rest of the semester
Out of our two welcome weeks at the beginning of each semester, we only have 6 available beds in our dorms. You can book one of these beds by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, since we have classes during this period of the year, it won't be possible for you to eat a dinner prepared by our team or to rent a UCL bed-kit. We will thus ask you to bring your own bedding or a sleeping bag.